Sunday, November 28, 2010
- Finished mounting a rubber alphabet stamp set I bought in 2005. I have loved the font since I bought it, and I’m so excited to use them after all these years. I’m thankful for all the wonderful things I have to use for my scrapbooking projects.
- Made major progress on The Nouns of November project I’m working on for the month. Really excited to finish it up and share it here on Eryn Says….
- Put away all of my Halloween/Fall decor. While the month isn’t over yet, I’m ok with putting the stuff away. I made a ton of progress cleaning, which was so necessary. There’s lots of fun things to bring out for next month and a clean apartment will make it easier to decorate!
- I am so thankful for my new SodaStream soda maker. My friend A* recommended it to me, and I’m thrilled! It’s a bit of an upfront investment, but the convenience and “green” aspect of the machine is pretty awesome! And it makes great seltzer!
- And finally, for the great phone calls I’ve had over the past few days with my friend M*. She’s a constant encouragement and her friendship means the world to me.
Friday, November 26, 2010
- So grateful for my mom & dad. It’s so nice to come home and hang out with them. Today was movies and dinner. Yesterday a great dinner for Thanksgiving at the country club where I used to work. The butternut squash soup was amazing.
- The old-school orange reclining chair at my parent’s house. It’s been around longer than I’ve been alive. It’s not a fashionable color and it’s got a broken spring, but its a comfortable chair for TV watching, laptop using, and napping.
- My wonderful friend L*, who is not only a fantastic massage therapist, but a wonderful person and a sound advice giver.
- Funny, light-hearted movies like Morning Glory.
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
- Masterpiece Mysteries new Sherlock Holmes production on PBS. It’s a great modern twist on classic characters. Thanks N* for telling me about it!
- My Job – so thankful I get sick time compensation. On days like today, where I really wasn’t feeling too hot, I can take off and focus on feeling better, not on how much pay I’m losing by lying on the couch.
- My friend Rob is coming to town tomorrow! Lunch and shopping at the Waterfront will be so much fun!
- My blog and this gratitude project. It would be so easy to get sucked into Christmas this week. So many people are already working on decorations and making plans for Christmas. I’m glad I’m grounded in this project, and know that all my good ideas for next month will still be here after Thanksgiving.
Sunday, November 21, 2010
- I had a wonderful time at the opera today. It’s pretty great to have an opera buddy, and I’m thankful to have a group of friends with diverse interests. There’s always someone up for doing something fun!
- Bonds that link old friends over great time and space. I’m thinking about you L* and know good things are closer than they might seem.
- Inspiring scrapbookers. After checking out this blog, A Perfectly Imperfect Life, I was inspired to start my paper scrapbooking project that will reflect some of the thoughts from this online space.
- So grateful to be able to live in the moment. I’m present: right here, right now, today. As relationships develop, being in the moment becomes so important. And I’m glad that even though I’m looking ahead, I haven’t lost sight of today.
- The TV Show In Plain Sight. I don’t know how much of the show’s tone comes from Mary McCormack’s influence, but I really like the show’s perspective on life, friendship, and relationships.
Friday, November 19, 2010
- The blessed 81B bus that runs through the Hill District. Without it (and some creative thinking on my part) I would’ve been stuck in downtown for 2 more hours. *So thankful for that set of wheels!*
- Light Up Night fireworks. I am so proud to be a Pittsburgher tonight. The fireworks were beautiful, downtown was packed and everyone is really ready for a wonderful holiday season.
- Friends that include me in their family plans. Thanks D* for letting me tag along! I had a blast.
- The beautiful gold with red sparkle fireworks. Yes, that one kind specifically.
- And finally, knowing that there is so much more downtown to explore this holiday season. Gingerbread houses and ice skating, PPG wintergarden and shows in the cultural district. And knowing that I’ll have the time to check it all out as Christmas gets closer!
Such a wonderful night!